Saturday, December 15, 2007

Dubai for Christmas

As the title tells you we are in Dubai at the moment.... Thankfully we had a really good flight from Dublin and it was direct which was fantastic... So here we are for three weeks with the folks to enjoy the sun and sand - I didn't think that I would enjoy it as much as I am at the moment. Mom and dad live in a really nice complex with a lovely playground and pool literally across the road from their villa... It is a shopping mecca, and really I feel like I'm in sandton a lot of the time - except for the occasional traditional arab garb even the people look like you would find in sandton... The boys have adapted really well and the four hour time difference hasn't seemed to be a problem for them. This afternoon we went off to the beach which was lovely, got to see a camel or two and then went to the marina - which is sandton square with boats, for drinks. There was a fountain there and Ben just loved it - hence the footage above. He was shouting at the water to spray and it was very funny.

The amount of building here is just unbelieveable - I don't think that any description can do it justice, I really feel like I'm watching the birth of a city - they are building everywhere!

Blogger is having aproblem with photo's so I'll try post more soon...

No comments: