Monday, August 02, 2010

Laughed til I Cried

This has been one funny weekend... I just have to share.

Robin and I are trying to teach the boys
Nkosi sikelel' iAfrika - and since we left SA in and about the time the 11 official languages became official, and considering that we're only fluent in two we don't know all the words. So - Robin often sings (and I mean no disrespect at all with this) "Manu Padayachi is an MNET presenter" instead of "Maluphakanyisw' uphondo lwayo". On Saturday we decided to download the lyrics and teach them the words. Ben listens intently, asks to hear it again and then says "Daddy, why are the singing the wrong words? they're not singing Manu Padayachi!?"

And then there was this... Pictures and a thousand words and all that...





1 comment:

Gina said...

Firstly: That has got to be the cutest bunny I have EVER seen!!! It looks so cute I swear it looks like a toy!

On the anthem note... You know the Irish anthem? Well in Gaelic one of the lines is "Seo libh canaídh Amhrán na bhFiann"

The only way I can sing that song is using the alternative lyrics that were sung by Zig and Zag on 2FM "Shoving Connie around the field" Makes me laugh every time!