Thursday, January 06, 2011

Resolutions and New Starts

At the Zoo on Monday, funny watching birds land on ice

January always brings new beginnings... and this year is no different. A photo was taken of me over christmas that horrified me. First I thought, bad angle bad pose, but really I had to face facts - I need to lose weight. So here I find myself, with the millions of other people who make the same resolution each year. But something feels different this year. Maybe the fact that I haven't been on a diet in almost, dare I say 6 years (since before I was pregnant with Ben) and in fairness I have been pregnant two more times since... Or that it just feels right this time... But I am happy to say that things are progressing well so far (I'm sure you're all delighted to hear!)... I am hoping to post a picture in the not to distant future on my blog... One that I can be proud of, but in the meantime here are the pic's of people I am really proud of!!!!....

just a ps... new blog design pending - I loved my old one but I'm getting restless and need something new. secretly hoping for photoshop for my birthday...

Ben and Dan playin in the ZOO
Eskimo girl Stomping it out
Beautiful
People I love the most!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! At last some photies. Now how about some of Christmas day and the pressies, and the tree. Luv 2 u all, The Nanny

Gina said...

How is the New Years resolution going? This time last year my GP pointed out the obvious. That I needed to lose 10-12kgs. When you look around the supermarket it is so easy to point out 20 people who are far more overweight, far more in need of a diet and I found it easy to justify that my weight gain was not a big deal. It has taken a year but I slowly made changes that got the weight off. I hope you are making some progress too. Remember that your worth is not the number on the scales but on how happy and healthy you are!