Sunday, June 20, 2010

It is what it is...


I've had to realise and accept something today - as much as I wish I was, I'm not a prefectionist. I'm a just-make-doist. There are not enough hours to get everything the way I want it - Daniels cake didn't turn out the way I want. In fact I only had time to do one side - so at least the profile looked finished. i just COULDN@T finish it with the kids crawling all over me, and having to finish the food for the party and tidying up after them even though we had prepared the day before, the boys decided to pull all their toys out about an hour before we were due to go. Robin also had to fly to Sweden for business today and so while he was around this morning he wasn't with us for the party or the clean up...

All in all, the day went really well. Daniel LOVED the bowling, and the weather was fantastic and I got to catch up with people I care about...

Here's the Day


It was so hot, the kids had their party under the trampoline

The boys bowling

Connor and Daniel

My Best Effort - but it's not going to win any awards... ;)

2 comments:

Gina said...

That is such an unbelievable cake! I don't care if the other side is a crumbling mess, the side I can see is magnificent! If you managed to do that with three kids hanging out of you and running late for the party then you are amazing.

We all wish we could do things a bit better and all wish for a few more hours in the day but what it all boils down to is being happy at what we have achieved and being proud of ourselves for all the bits we ARE doing right.

I bet Daniel had a brilliant birthday. That's all he will remember when he looks back. And with the help of the photos on the blog he won't even know what the other side of the cake looks like!!!

Wendy said...

now kerrith if you think that cake is not good Ide love to see your perfect cake.!! I think its bloody fabulous I would never attempt something lik that
but yes we all have to accept that sometimes we can only do whats possible and you have 3 children under 5 and work so i think its great. looks like they had fun bowling xx