Thursday, June 21, 2007

Baby Daniel's Arrived





So it's official now... and Ben is a big brother!... Daniel arrived at 9:23 Monday morning, rather quickly to everyones surprise, including my own. We only got to the hospital at just after 7 and both Robin and I though it would be at least lunch time before the little guy made an appearance - but he had other plans. The stay in hospital wasn't bad this time either, in fact it was really good. The nurses were fantastic AND I got my own room for the second night which was fabulous too.

Daniel is a very relaxed baby so far, and I'm loving being a mom to a small baby again. I am so much more relaxed this time too, and can enjoy this precious time instead of stressing over every little cry and peep...

Ben has also surprised me in that he is very interested in the baby, and doesn't seem too upset that Daniel is around. Everything has to be given to the baby, or thrown into the moses basket for the baby (whether Daniel is in it or not)... The only funny thing is that we've had the moses basket downstairs in the lounge for almost the past month and Ben hasn't shown any interest in it at all... Until yesterday when he had to climb into it and sleep in it and be rocked! :)...

We are having difficulty deciding whether the two boys look the same and who they take after - what do you think?

Daniel a few hours oldBen a few hours old

Take care everyone, and I'll post again soon x


1 comment:

Wendy said...

congratulations to the two of you. He is lovely. I think the 2 boys look similar but Daniels face is a little rounder than bens
I love his name.
I am glad you are enjoying the newborn phase. I too stressed my way through it. perhaps it will be better 2nd time round
xxx
love Wendy