Monday, June 25, 2007

Daniel's One Week Old











Well, Daniel is a week old today - I can't believe it's been a week already! And we are settling down nicely as a family. If I'm honest, I was quite worried about how I would be with the two boys on my own but I had to cross that bridge last Thursday when Bob got tied up at work and I had the two together in the afternoon. The day was made easy as Daniel slept in his car chair for most of it and I could give all my attention to Ben... We are really just loving having Daniel around, he is such a relaxed baby so far, a good eater and to this point a very good sleeper. I'd forgotten just how much newborns sleep! And even as second time parents, we still have a little healthy paranoia - on Saturday we called the hospital again because Daniel wasn't too keen on waking up - at all... After a rather confusing conversation with the nurse, (who asked me if he was still breathing!!!! Of course he's still breathing, if he wasn't I would be calling 999 not YOU...) she assured me that all was well and that newborns sleep most of the time they're not eating...

Ben is still taking the whole new addition in, and while he's not overly physical with the baby, he's really gentle with him actually, he is acting out a little - whether that is his age coming into play (being nearly two) or Daniel I'm not sure, but he definitely is a little more challenging. In a good way though, as both Bob and I can see him trying to establish his boundaries with us... And I'm learning too, I'm learning to choose my battles and I'm learning stuff can be replaced - cd players, digital camera's and every other electrical device in the house worth investigating... :)

Here are some more pics of the new boy and the family...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You all look so content! Well done and enjoy every precious moment - you know how quickly time flew the first time around! Take care, all our love, meg, rowna and riley.
xxx